Wednesday, June 28, 2006

THE GUN CLUB report

I just returned from rehearsing with Terry Graham and Ward Dotson for the Gun Club tribute or reunion or whatever you want to call it, that we are doing this Thursday in Los Angeles at the Don't Knock The Rock film festival www.dontknocktherock.com
Thalia Zedek (whom you know from her solo records, and COME and LIVE SKULL before that)
is singing and I am so honered and thrilled and she is doing a most amazing job. Now I am really excited. I can tell you I had some trepidation about doing this at all, it really didn't appeal to me to do a "reunion" with out Jeffrey (which means I figured it "impossible" ) but I have changed my mind. This is really a one off for me, so i plan to enjoy it. The fact that it is in conjunctiion with the debut screening of the Documentary "Ghost On The Highway" By Kurt Voss and I reckoned that in this context, a live show made sense. We are doing 10 songs, all from the first 3 albums, "Fire Of Love" , "Miami", and "The Las Vegas Story"....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:30 AM

    My old friend Chris Brokaw (who was in Come with Thalia) just told me about this last night, some 5 months after the fact. He heard it was amazing. Is there any documentation of this? Maybe for the, I'm assuming, eventual DVD release of the movie? *fingers crossed*

    Best to ya, Kid!
    Fred

    ReplyDelete